We are honored to introduce the first Leading Lady Spotlight of 2021 – Stacey Thornberry
Franchise Owner at Homewatch CareGivers of Northern Kentucky
Home & Family: Lives in Verona, Ky with her family
Education: BA in Human Resources from Miami University, Oxford Ohio
Hobbies: Running, exercising, being social with friends and family and watching my kids play sports
What qualities make a great leader?
- A leader who is loyal, transparent, helpful and encouraging. A leader sees the big picture and stays focused on that. A leader delegates to her team and allows them to use their skill set to meet the goal. A leader is not afraid to get their hands dirty. A leader gives credit where it is due and never stops learning and adapting.
What do I love about living in NKY?
- I love living in NKY because everything is convenient and the people are very nice. I also love the unique restaurants in the Covington area. I love the rolling hills and proximity to farms and the beauty they provide.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
- I would love to learn how to cook. I can do the basics but I would love to have more patience in the kitchen and make meals that my kids will remember and want to come home to when they are away at college. I would love to have secret recipes like my grandma’s used to have.
Do you have a routine each day that helps keep you balanced?
- I try to get a run or workout in each day of the week and I take Sunday’s off. I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning while doing my bible study. I am a list maker. I make a list usually the night before about what my next day is going to look like and am mentally prepared when I wake up.
Do you have a cause or charity that is close to your heart?
- I love giving back to our community. I have been organizing a shoe drive the past 3 years. I collect gently used tennis shoes or boots from the Walton-Verona community and donate them to the school resource officer. They then set up tables with hundreds of shoes on them and allow the kids who could benefit from a pair to come and “shop”. I think it is a great way to give back and also keep confidential.
Favorite ice cream flavor:
- Grater’s Blackberry Chip of course!
If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would that be?
- I would definitely take the time to discover who I am and what I love and do not love. I am my worst critic and I am very hard on myself with extremely high expectations. As I am now in my 40’s, I am learning more and more about myself and giving myself grace. Have more confidence and dream big! My younger self was a people pleaser to the extreme which led to a lot of self sacrifices and emptiness. Set boundaries and feel comfortable with them. Lastly, continue to grow your relationship with God and trust His plans for your life. Walk in faith and not fear.
Stacey’s Contact Information
Franchise Owner at Homewatch Caregivers of Northern Kentucky